Elected Politicians' Mismanagement
We believe, few may argue that Elected Politicians have grossly mismanaged US finances. For decades, they have known they have been spending more of your money than they have collected and have been making more promises that you will pay something in the future without any money at aside to pay for it. Managing finances is basic math – they failed basic math!
Social Security Trust Fund
Elected Politicians have mismanaged matching contributions made by Taxpayers with benefits to be paid to recipients.
They were grossly negligent since it was not a secret that a large percentage of the US population was rapidly getting older, people were living longer and there were smaller numbers of workers to contribute to the system. And, these aging people had been told they could rely Social Security
Similar to Social Security, Elected Politicians have known that a large percentage of the population was aging, that technology was helping them to live longer and that the cost of medical treatment was skyrocketing. Yet, knowing this, Elected Politicians were grossly negligent in their management of the fund to cover these costs.
Elected Politicians got US into multiple wars we never should have been in. Actually, the longest and most costly in US history. They made the situation worse and don’t have an honorable way out. They had no plan or way to pay for these wars other than borrowing the money.
They structed the US tax code to so that it extremely complicated and difficult for taxpayers to understand.
Elected Politicians knowingly put US in an astronomical Debt situation – $70,000 per taxpayer of current Debt and approximately $750,000 per taxpayer in Future Debt, and growing, for which no money has been set aside. 99% of Taxpayers cannot afford to pay this Debt. Elected Politicians, at best, mismanaged US finances. At worst, they were grossly negligent.
Following, in no particular order, are some of the reasons Elected Politicians did this.
They did this because:
- Their loyalties are to themselves, their party, lobbyists, their special interest donors, their base, their constituents and when no one else is left – finally, the country
- They needed to pay back special interests for their contributions that funded their campaign,
- The day an Elected Politician gets elected he or she starts to raise money for their re-election campaign, often by making commitments to their special interests, that you will pay
- You were busy earning a living and taking care of your family and yourself and not closely watching their every move and backroom deal they cut
- They sound honest and told you it’s complicated and to trust them as they will watch out for your best interest, and unfortunately you did
- They write the laws and have significance influence over every federal agency and its budget
- They control the “bully pulpit” and other resources and will overtly and subverted attack anyone who challenges them
- They can blame the other party for causing the harm and take no personal responsibility for the damage they cause US
- Finally, they did it because they could, and that’s the way the system works to Elect Politicians!
This system serves Elected Politicians. It is broken and must be fixed to serve US!